Point Royal’s Chef Geoffrey Zakarian Shares his Favorite Workout and Healthy Eating Tips to Kick off a Healthy New You!
With 2020 well underway, Geoffrey shares his favorite healthy eating and workout tips, as well as one of the most popular healthy recipes from his restaurant, Point Royal at The Diplomat Beach Resort. If you’re visiting South Florida, make sure to stop by The Diplomat Beach Resort, where guests can enjoy Geoffrey’s American Coastal restaurant, Point Royal.
Point Royal has received several high profile awards including Hottest Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale by EATER Miami.
Healthy Eating Tips from Celebrity Chef Geoffrey Zakarian:
• Portion control is very important. You should set a calorie goal per day for best healthy eating results.
• Clean out your pantry and refrigerator and then completely restock it with healthy food items!
• Eliminate all processed foods, including cane sugar.
Best Workout Tips from Celebrity Chef Geoffrey Zakarian:
• Concentrate on small daily goals.
• Try to stay off of social media, where there are so many unrealistic figures and athletes. Compare yourself today to yourself yesterday, and from there make small incremental changes.
• Be realistic. A real change is for life, it’s not just a 3 or 6-day fix!
Recipe from Geoffrey Zakarian’s Point Royal: Point Royal Chopped Salad
• 5 oz Romaine lettuce, washed and chopped
• 3 oz Cucumber, Seeded and cut into ¼ inch dice
• 1 oz Red onion, thinly sliced
• 2 oz Kalamata olives, halved
• 2 oz Chickpeas, drained
• 3 oz Heart of Palm, ¼ inch sliced
• 2 oz Pepperoncini, ¼ inch sliced
• 2 oz Heirloom cherry tomatoes, halved
• 1 oz Celery, ¼ inch sliced
• 2 oz Cabernet Vinaigrette
• To Taste Kosher Salt
• To Taste Fresh cracked black pepper
1. In a medium sized mixing bowl, place all ingredients together and dress with the vinaigrette gently, as to not break any of the vegetables.
2. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve in a chilled bowl.
• 8 oz Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 4 oz Forvm Cabernet Vinegar
• 2 oz Shallots, Peeled and Chopped
• 2 oz Dijon Mustard
• 1 oz Fresh Thyme, Picked
1. Gather all ingredients into a blender and process until smooth and emulsified.
Experience More at The Centerpiece of South Florida
Retreat + Renew + Re-Emerge The Diplomat Spa + Wellness Month
Reserve the relaxation you deserve while nourishing mind, body and soul in our soothing oceanfront sanctuary. #Dipintowellness with our $99+ wellness month exclusive offers.
For information on The Diplomat Spa + Wellness special promotions dial 954-602-8400
January 2020: WELLNESS MONTH –
View our website for specials and offers