TOP TIPS TO MAKE THE MOST OF SOUTH FLORIDA BUSINESS TRIPS
When on the hunt for an organization's next meeting, retreat, quarterly or yearly conference spaces, South Florida has the perfect appeal to attract even the weariest of business travelers. Boost morale and engage attendees in a region full of sunshine, culinary sensations, and oceanfront relaxation. Whether a quick work trip, or weeklong conference, there has never been an easier place to turn a business trip into a full-on vacation.
Here are the best things to do before, after or in between meetings, to live the South Florida lifestyle by land or by sea, and ensure some fun in the sun!
Best by Boat
What better way to experience life like a local than an excursion on the water? Add any of these onto the itinerary for a memorable stay:
• Host a Luxury Yacht Reception event at South Florida's iconic resort, and set sail from The Diplomat's private marina on a gleaming Charter One yacht for a scenic cruise along the Intracoastal Waterway. Call 954-602-8607 or email [email protected]
• Book a fishing adventure for half and full day Drift fishing charters. Contact Dockmaster Charles Campbell at The Diplomat Landing Marina. Phone: 954.602.8306
Email: [email protected]
• Explore the Everglades with an informative, fun and exciting tour that will goes deep into Florida's one of a kind ecosystem.
Leave the treadmill behind, and get some exercise in the South Florida sun with any number of daily health & wellness options:
• Yoga on the Beach - Morning Beach Break at The Dip includes morning yoga hosted by Core Fitness Training. This offer includes freshly squeezed Florida orange juice and continental breakfast.
• Team Building Beach Bootcamp - The Afternoon Team Building Break hosted by Core Fitness Training includes teamwork-based activities with a reward of boozy popsicles to complete your fun in the sun.
• Round of Golf - Enjoy the perfect weather by heading to any number of nearby golf courses while conducting a little business alongside pleasure on the fairway.
World Class Art & Shopping
These fantastic stops add flair to any business trip:
• Nearby Miami offers plenty of self-guided walks through locations like the Raleigh Gardens; or book a tour in Wynwood for a more informative journey of internationally renowned street art.
• Visit any number of museums, such as the Hollywood Art and Culture Center or take in some of the best in modern art collections at places like PAMM and the newly renovated Rubell Museum.
• Treat yourself and the whole family by heading to the exquisite Bal Harbour Shops or Aventura Mall. From international brands to small boutiques, there is something to tempt the tastes of everyone in the group.
Best Place to Stay
As the centerpiece of South Florida, The Diplomat Beach Resort Hollywood proves to be a favorite among business travelers. Conveniently located between Miami International (MIA) and Fort Lauderdale International (FLL) airports, The Diplomat makes doing business a breeze!
The property features 1,000 bright, beach-y guest rooms to include 96 suites, 2 sun-drenched pools, Trina Turk designed cabanas, and an ultramodern spa. As the largest convention hotel south of Orlando, The Diplomat is ideal to host a meeting of any size, then kickback, relax and indulge at any or all of its luxurious facilities, including a beachfront water park, 240 ft. lagoon pool with cascading waterfall, and Kids Club, making it simple to transition into a full-fledged family vacation.
Dine-ins are also made easy from groups of 10 to 1400.
For downtime dining, business travelers can choose from any of the 8 on-site culinary concepts led by celebrity award-winning chefs, including Geoffrey Zakarian and Michael Schulson.
Monkitail brings Schulson's modern Japanese flare to South Florida with the opening of Monkitail, his seventh restaurant. Schulson’s menu is a contemporary take on the classic Izakaya, featuring sharable small plates and sushi as well as an array of specialty cocktails and sake.
For award winning steaks and a seasonally driven seafood menu, look no further than Diplomat Prime. Inspired by the 1950s, the design of this 108-seat restaurant incorporates elements of sophistication and playful femininity for a well-rounded, inviting atmosphere. Enjoy a variety of old world and new world wines, as well as classic cocktails designed to complement the steakhouse fare put forth by Executive Chef Rashaad Abdool.
With over 200,000 sq. ft. of flexible indoor & outdoor function space, which accommodates up to 5,000 attendees, meeting rooms with panoramic views of the Atlantic Ocean and state-of-the-art technology, planners can choose from a wide-variety of attractive offers at The Diplomat Beach Resort.
Find out why The Diplomat is one of the top meeting hotels in the US as awarded by Cvent and best outdoor event space in the southeast awarded by Smart Meetings, and let their convention services provide unparalleled business planning, by perfectly executing and exceeding all expectations.
For more information on special offers or to book meetings/conventions at The Diplomat Beach Resort, please contact 954-602-8607 or email [email protected] Check out additional group promotions HERE.